“Awareness is the path of divinity.
Take ownership of your own awareness.” Rod Stryker, founder of Para Yoga
Yoga Nidra is known as yogic sleep or sleeping with awareness. It is an ancient Tantric meditation technique that is intended to induce full-body relaxation and a deep meditative state of consciousness. Yoga Nidra is a practice of conscious relaxation that can lead us to a spiritual awakening. Sleep doesn’t solve ever increasing stress levels because sleep isn’t the same as relaxation. There are two kinds of tension: physical & mental/emotional.
Physical tension tightens muscles & lowers immunity.
Emotional/mental makes us less patient, more restless, anxious. We store tension in the subconscious. Not just trauma, but worry, disappointment, unfulfilled expectations.
We must find a way to relax. Not just the symptoms of stress but its roots.
ParaYoga Nidra teaches various techniques to systematically relax the body & mind & ultimately the subconscious. The subconscious drives our decisions and actions more than our conscious mind. By being “awake” in sleep we become more “awake” in life.
The benefits of Yoga Nidra Meditation Technique:
- Improves quality of sleep & provides deep relaxation.
- Helps Rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.
- Improves work efficiency & enthusiasm.
- Lowers blood pressure & slows breathing rate.
- Effective in stress management, addictions, migraines, digestive disorders and depression.
- Hold spaciousness even in times that we’re provoked.
- Deal with uninvited change gracefully.
- Better know the part of ourselves that remains constant through the turbulence of life